God’s Design for Marriage Finally Stands in Sixth Circuit!
On August 6, 2014, at 1 p.m. (Eastern) in Cincinnati, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit (which covers Ohio, Michigan, Tennessee, and Kentucky) heard arguments as to whether or not state marriage laws defining marriage between one man and one woman are constitutional.
Thank you for being a part of the Four Days of Prayer for Marriage August 3-6, which was an effort by The Family Action Council of Tennessee with The Family Foundation of Kentucky, the Michigan Family Forum, and Ohio’s Citizens for Community Values for a time of prayer for marriage in all four states right before the oral arguments. And thank you for your prayers since the oral arguments.
The Court reached a decision on Thursday, November 6th, three months later. God’s view of marriage, which is the union between one man and one woman, still stands!
We thank God for this wonderful news.
FACT’s David Fowler Covers the Oral Arguments in Ohio
FACT President David Fowler, traveled to Cincinnati to hear the oral arguments and then report on the news as it was happening. Here is a YouTube video from that historic day in August.
Continue to Pray for Godly Marriages in the U.S.
- For marriages in the church to be strengthened, for the body of Christ to be ministers of reconciliation, healing, and growth to those that are hurting, and for our marriages to reflect Christ’s relationship with His church and to be a testimony to others of God’s grace and glory.
- For discernment and sound reasoning for the three judges hearing these cases that they might understand the importance and meaning of marriage and be able to see through the arguments for and the implications of redefining marriage.
- For clarity of thought and persuasive speech for the attorneys defending marriage in order that the arguments against marriage will be refuted, confused thinking will be exposed, and that all the judges’ doubts regarding marriage be removed.
- For God to deliver and restore sexual purity to all those engaged in sexual sin.
- For ministers of God’s Word to proclaim God’s truth regarding sexuality and marriage with clarity, boldness and grace.
- For those who are counseling individuals and couples struggling with marital difficulties that they would give Biblical counsel in order that healing and reconciliation would take place.
- For young couples that are considering marriage or who have just married that they will take seriously their vows made to God and will call on Him whenever they face challenges to their relationship.