Obamacare: A Destructive New Tax (July 4, 2012)
This independence day season, people of faith in Tennessee are reeling from disappointment and shock after the Supreme Court ruled that the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act is constitutional saying that it’s just a tax.
But Daniel Webster told us in the early eighteen hundreds that the power to tax is the power to destroy. And the Obamacare tax will destroy freedom of conscience based on religious beliefs because pro-life Tennesseans will be forced to subsidize insurance coverage of elective abortions.
People of faith will have to comply with this law and abandon religious freedom, or resist the law and be punished with crippling fines.
Tennesseans must urge Congress to repeal Obamacare before this destructive new tax can take effect.
[fancy_header1]More On This Issue[/fancy_header1]
- David Fowler’s statement on the Supreme Court Obamacare decision: Obamacare Ruling Profoundly Wrong
- Lifenews.com: They Lied Saying Obamacare Wouldn’t Fund Abortions
- Lifenews.com: The Abortion Industry is Happy with the HHS Mandate, Are You?
- Heritage.org: Repeal Obamacare to Preserve Civil Society
- Heritage.org: Obamacare and Abortion: New Rules Further Burden Conscience
- ADF: Obamacare: Worse Than You Think – great resource, and video, from Alliance Defense Fund