Federal Government Saving Planned Parenthood of Memphis (July 11, 2012)
There seems to be no limit to what the current administration will do to protect Planned Parenthood.
The Tennessee legislature essentially defunded Planned Parenthood in two thousand eleven. Later the Shelby County commission voted to give its family planning funds to a faith-based non-profit group. That took a big bite out of Planned Parenthood of Memphis’ budget.
But now, Congressman Steve Cohen of Memphis has come to their rescue.
He announced last week that the federal government will fund Planned Parenthood of Memphis directly, giving the abortion company almost one point two million dollars over the next three years.
Pro-life leaders are livid over this administration’s apparent commitment to protect Planned Parenthood at all costs even if it means blatantly ignoring the will of the people of Tennessee.
[fancy_header1]More On This Issue[/fancy_header1]
- Obama Administration Snubs Tenn. Legislature; Gives $1M to Memphis Planned Parenthood
- New Obama Planned Parenthood Funding Totals $1.2 Million
- Lt. Gov. Ramsey Hits Award Of Federal Funds To Planned Parenthood Memphis
- Fed Grant Will Offset Planned Parenthood Loss of State Funding
- Planned Parenthood of Memphis Press Release on HHS Grant
- Congressman Steve Cohen Press Release on HHS Grant
- Commercial Appeal: Planned Parenthood of Memphis Gets $395,000 Grant